Monday, December 15, 2008

December Snow Bench


Well, it snowed Sunday but not much. I watched it from the big picture windows in the narthex at church. I was in charge of the Cookie Walk and couldn't leave to take photos. That is when I saw the most snow but it was really blowing off the parking lot fast. When I left around noon, there wasn't much snow to take photos of -- across the river in Oregon, they got all the snow! We just have the freezing cold and it was just 14 degrees. So then I had a meeting when I got home in the apartment building. Just after 4:00, I was finally "free" to try to get some photos but had to have a bite to eat since all I had all day so far was a cookie. Then I went outside to take some photos of the remaining snow and was very unsuccessful. I can't figure out how to take a flash photo with my new camera -- it looks like is "automatic" and I have no control over it. I have to read more of the booklet, I guess.

Anyway, now that I have made excuses for my not so good grainy photo, here's the surprise I found near my home. It was two cold to walk more than two blocks and this bench was definitely not there a short time back. It is in a weird place near the curb facing the house so hope it doesn't disappear before I can get a better photo. How I miss my old camera!

Oops! Forgot to upload photo -- will get it up asap

1 comment:

Malyss said...

This bench is really wonderful , and it's a pity that it is outside!
don't worry, Paulie, sooner or later you'll be able to use your camera as you would like it. I've got mine since more than one year and I'm still discovering things!