Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Fish Hatchery Benches

After I visited Myrl, I decided to investigate Evergreen Hiway that went east --I had never traveled on it. I went past the I-205 bridge -- well, under it -- and then found the fish hatchery. Looked like an interesting place but was all locked up for the weekend I guess. There was a small lake there and pools for fish and a really nice brick gathering place shaped in a circle. I imagine school kids come for field trips there. I didn't know it existed. Then I walked a bit more but it started to get dark and I had several miles to walk back so I decided further investigations would have to wait for a day when I could start earlier. Later, I learned the old Evergreen Hiway lead to a small city called Camas and another named Washougal. Usually, the only way to get there is by hiway 14 so was happy to learn I could walk there on this old highway near the Columbia River.

As I was leaving the area, I spotted this bunch of benches probably used for lectures to groups of people visiting the fish hatchery.



1 comment:

Malyss said...

I had never seen a bench given in the memory of someone. I found that very moving. A beautyful idea, to sit there and have a tought for the lost one.Beautyful post.