Friday, April 9, 2010

Most unusual bench on way to dowtown Portland. . .

I was on my way to the Apple store in Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland, Oregon, riding the MAX train when the doors opened to let people off and on WHEN I spotted this most unusual bench. By time as I got my camera out of bag and snapped a picture, I did not get to frame it so this is all I got. . . but I knew I would be coming the opposite way on the way home . . . so I looked for it again and had better luck this time! This was shot through the window but I still like it as the subject is really unique! It's a 2 seater but not meant for friends.

4 comments:

Malyss said...

You win the oscar of the most unusual bench!This one is a piece of art!And a bench to share without being disturbed..Really strange and interesting!

cieldequimper said...

Unusual maybe but so very cool! Actually, the two seaters looking the other way have a name here... I just can't think of it right now but they have existed for centuries. Imagine a young medieval man courting a young medieval woman by reciting poems to her unbeknownst (or so they thought) to her chaperone!

Gallow said...

Very cool design. This is one of my favorites.

Rune Eide said...

I must admit that it for a moment reminded me of a dentist's chair, but it is much more exquisite than that. A great find!

PS Not much blogging for me at the moment for various reasons, and it will be even less for a period.