Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two benches -- "inside and out"


I was walking in an area of town near the railroad station because I have a Flat Stanley visiting me from North Carolina and I was giving him the tour of the city. I saw this pretty bench outside this building so I took a photo with the name of the building first.

Then I took a close up of it. . . and when I got closer I saw a bench inside the building so I got my brave face on and tried to open the door but it was locked. That didn't stop me. I was trying to look through the glass doors to see how I could take it through the window like I have done a million times WHEN a lady comes to the door, unlocks it and asks what I am doing? I wanted to run but I had the guts to tell her I wanted to take a photo of the bench inside and she allowed me to come in and take it. She even offered to remove the cushion. I said not to as I liked it that way.

So, this is what I risked my neck for last Monday! Was it worth the embarrasement? YES!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it divine?

1 comment:

Malyss said...

The pictures of the two bench are sweet, but the story behind is funny and interesting! People of your town will soon know you as "THE bench addict"!
I wonder what your "flat stanley " friend thought about it? :-))
I hope you are not tired too much today to make another walk, after the big one you made yesterday. Have a nice sunday!