Monday, July 13, 2009

Two new leaves benches in downtown Portland



I was wandering around in Portland after I found out another friend, Fred, died. I had to do something new to take my mind off all my tears. He was the first person I met and who said hi to me when I moved in. He always called me "Pretty lady" and finally I figured out why. . . he couldn't rememebr my name! Ü Later he called me Paulie. I walked past this restaurant/bar and saw these two benches. They looked brand new! It was very sunny so it might be hard to see the wrought iron leaves -- you can see the reflection of them in the window of the building behnd them if nothing else. I enlarged them and could see more also. One day, I will find my way back there and try to get a better photo without so much sunshine interfering. Somehow, I think Fred was trying to add a bit of joy to my sad day.

3 comments:

Malyss said...

For once, those beautyful benches with iron backs are new. Generally, you find them when they are old;But finally, when they are a little old, they are maybe also a little more charming.I like when the time gives a certain patina to things..
I also like the reflection in the window..

Kerri Farley said...

These are lovely! I am so sorry about your friend!

Rune Eide said...

My condolences with the loss of your friend, but congratulations with the benches...