Thursday, September 10, 2009

St. John's Road bus stop bench

I had to catch the bus on a route I don't use frequesntly and noticed that someone had put out a bench near the bus stop sign. It's an old bench but the ironwork is terrific! I was surprised that the landowner would care about providing a bench where one ususally had to stand to wait for the bus because they certainly don't care about their lawn. . .


Addendum: I walked past there today on a hike and the bench is gone! I am glad I got a photo while it was there. I wonder what happened to it? Here is what it looked like one week after I took the photo for this blog:

2 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

What a shame the bench is gone. It would appear to have been well used by smokers.

Rune Eide said...

Which just goes to show - always carry a camera! :-) I'm Glad you managed to catch it.