Saturday, September 20, 2008

Neighborhood tree bench


I was walking Arnada neighborhood again after my daily visit to Kiggins House re-model when I spotted this bench through a fence. . . As I walked a bit uphill, I saw the people who lived there and asked them if I could take a photo of their bench by coming up on their steps. It was blocked only by a fence in part of the front yard. I had jsut taken a photo fo their Dahlias on the fence. . . They agreed and even their big dog came to greet me -- a nice gentle big dog and I wasn't afraid of it. Perhaps my fear left when I saw the bench and wanted a photo more than worrying about a big shaggy dog! Ü

I asked them if they made it and they told me they had not but a man had many benches he made of natural logs and sold them awhile back when they purchased it.

It faces a little waterway that has circulating water. I could sit out there reading a book all day! CLICK on to enlarge! You won't be sorry!

4 comments:

Malyss said...

An other natural one.I like the way the back is half round (if I may say like that).The place seems peaceful...

PERBS said...

half round sounds descriptive to me! Maybe you were looking for the word "curve?"

Malyss said...

Yes, it seems that "curve"sounds better...
thanks for your help, sometimes there are words I cannot translate like I would like!

Kerri Farley said...

This has to be one of the most unique benches I have ever seen!
LOVE IT!