Thursday, August 13, 2009

Special benches at the Clark County Fair for Rune's Friday challenge

I went to the Clark County Fair last Friday and I knew I would find benches galore but never imagined ones of this type. The man who built them was carving down a tall, fat, tree stump with his chainsaw to make an eagle. (More on that on my other blog, Postcardsfromthenorthwest.) As you can see in several photos at the beginning and the last photo, there were stadium benches next to it for the PIG RACES also but that's for another post. The man who was selling these special benches let people sit on them 4 times a day during the pig races too!



>









9 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

I like the one with the horses

Rune Eide said...

The work of a real bench-artist. One would need a heavy crane just to move one a around! This sort of bench should not be placed anywhere - it "demands" a bit of thought. Along a trail perhaps, or by a rural cottage?

Malyss said...

Probably the most wonderful series you ever showed us! I love them, and I'll take the one with one bear on each arm, please!(could you simply wait for me to buy a thousend acres or two to get some space for it?..Ü)

Dina said...

Works of art! Amazing benches.

Gallow said...

Those are incredible.

I posted my "Back Yard" bench/glider that I mentioned in my previous comment.

http://sg-photo.blogspot.com/2009/08/bench-of-week-4.html

Anne-Berit said...

I would love to have one of those in my garden.Really nice work.

Tom said...

I only wish I had a garden big enough for them all... oh! and the money to buy them.... :O)

Dimple said...

I like the one with the bears at each end--the bear with his legs in the air is funny!
Thanks for visiting my site. Come back anytime!

becky aka theRAV said...

Loved these!